Thursday, August 4, 2011

Peace and Mustaches.

I'd like to introduce you to our newest obsession:
The Mustache on a Stick

Baby 'stache

As you can see, they are quite hilarious.
They are also ridiculously easy to make and supersuper cheap.
Like I-made-fifty-for-three-bucks cheap.
Yeah, I told you.

Why would one ever need to make 50 mustaches on sticks, you say?
Well, because when this little almost-three year old was asked what she would like to give out as favors for her birthday party,
she answered quite confidently with
"Mustaches."

DSC_0075

I mean, obviously.
What was I thinking?
Every little girl I know of wants to give people mustaches as party favors.
Duh.
As weird of a request as it was, my only option as a good momma was to oblige this sweet girl.
Willow 'staches
Yes, Willow gave herself an atrocious haircut. All her beautiful curls are gone. My husband has been calling her Travis...

And I'm SO glad I did.
She knows what she's talking about.
These things are awesome.

Momma Mustache
It makes the perfect accessory, no?

I highly suggest you make some.
Tonight.
They are fun for the whole family.
And when you do make them, I want pictures.
Seriously.
Send me mustache pictures.

Here's what you need:
Black felt
(I bought 1/4 yd of 72" wide felt at JoAnn's for $1.40
and I could probably make 50 more from my leftover felt)
Scissors
Hot glue gun
Wooden sticks
(I found these in the wooden craft section at JoAnn's for .99 a package)

Here's what you do:
Start cutting out some 'staches!
To make sure mine were even, I cut out a rectangle of felt, folded it in half, and cut one 'side' of the mustache.
Then just unfold to see the real deal.

Make a bunch of different kinds if you feel so inclined.
Pick a 'stache, any 'stache

After all the mustaches are cut out and your glue gun is warmed up,
place a little dab of hot glue halfway between the middle and the edge of the mustache.
(So the stick is not right in front of your mouth when you hold up the 'stache)
Plop down your wooden stick.
There you go.
You now have a mustache on a stick.
Get crazy.

If you're doing it right, chances are your baby will look at you like this:
DSC_0140

In other birthday party preparation news, here's Willow's party crown.
I have to say, I am in love with it.
I want one.
birthday crown
And that says 'Sassy', not 'Assy'... that wouldn't be very appropriate for a 3 year-old.

This was also super easy to make.
I was inspired by these crowns.
Believe it or not, I just dug into my stash of scrapbook paper and doodads.
And then I stuck a few fake flowers, buttons and some pretty sweet butterflies I found at Target on it.

This girl deserves a crown:
DSC_0220


Ok, that's about all.
I'll show you how to make the Happy Birthday banner next.
I have to go wrap presents and stuff.
And clean.
Yeah, I should probably clean or do the laundry or something.


In the meantime, Peace and Mustaches.
:{)
Peace and Mustaches

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some comments! Thanks!