Friday, May 13, 2011

Did I Mention...?

Baby Cash is still not here...
I believe that would make him 5 days overdue.
My sister has tried everything in the book.
No luck.
And it's like 100 degrees in Texas.
I just want to see him.
I'm sure she does, too.
And I want her to snuggle him up in these:
Cash's Crazy Quilt
Cash's Crazy Quilt

My sister really liked this crib bedding set, so I used some leftovers from that and pulled a few other fun fabrics from my stash to make this one.
I think it's about 30x30"
Lots of AMH prints, some Joel Dewberry, Amy Butler, Michael Miller, Patti Henderson, and even a little Laura Gunn.
Cassian Blue Quilt
Cassian Blue Quilt

And then I wanted a more subdued, sleepy quilt, so I just grabbed a bunch of already cut 5" squares in blues from my seemingly never-shrinking pile of squares.
I love patchwork.
Simple quilts.
I whipped them up in a hurry so my mom could take them with her on the plane.

Yeah, they're cute and stuff, but they'd look WAY cuter with a baby in them!!

COME ON CASH!!!

***
Willow is a computer wizard.
That's right- wizard.
imagejpeg_3
This pic was taken quite a long time ago, but maybe she was a computer whiz then...?

Don't believe me?
For example:
She can scroll, she can double click, and she can 'poof' applications off the menu bar like nobody's business.
She can navigate YouTube.
And by navigate I mean find her favorite videos to watch.
Such as this and this.
And watch them.
And replay them.
And even pause them.
She's eerily good at it.
I don't know how she does it.
I think she just scrolls until she finds what she's looking for.

She can also run Photo Booth like it's her job.
Seriously, pictures 180-371 are all of Willow.
That's 189 snapshots and 2 videos.
Videos.
They are all hilarious.
She even knows how to use the effects.
These are just a few of my faves:
Photo 374
I have no clue how she knows to put your hands up. She's never been on a roller coaster in her life.

Photo 370
The Warhol-esque pics- I love the tongue sticking out...

Photo 354
Her face cracks me up in this one; she found a new effect and she likes.

Photo 229
And this is just too funny. She obviously thinks she's the bomb. And she is.

Oh, and please disregard my trashed fabric storage/studio/dumping ground in the background.
After I saw these pictures it was immediately remedied.

Anyways my point is...
however funny this is, it also scares the crap out of me.
So much so that the hubby and I decided to password protect her out of the computer.
Really.
Just in case you missed that:
We had to password protect our 2 1/2 year old child from using the Mac...
See what I mean? It's scary!

That's not even the funniest part.
No, that would be when she stole my phone the very next morning while I was still sleeping and used it to update my facebook status to 'WTF'.
Not. Even. Kidding.
You think she was trying to tell us something?
Yeah, I think so.
Needless to say, I would never ever post that. Ever.
And thank goodness Drew caught it only about 30 mins after she did it so I could fix it.
Little Twerp.

DSC_0936

Oh, and a few days later while I was putting away laundry or something super-fun like that,
I heard the storm door slam shut.
Not good.
That means there's been a security breech.
By the time I got outside
-I'm talking maybe 10 seconds-
I found Willow
stripped naked,
covered in chocolate syrup from head to toe,
flashing our poor old neighbor who was innocently mowing the lawn,
while sticking her tongue out.

I obviously avoided any eye-contact with elderly Mr. James as I swooped my charming daughter back inside.
He probably thinks we're heathens.
And he might not be too far off...

Happy Friday to you all!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe Willow can teach her Great Grandma Ruthie how to navigate the computer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these stories, Madi. I can't tell you how much I look forward to seeing what Willow has been up to lately!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was hilarious. i had to read most of your post out loud to my husband. we also have a 2-1/2 year old and it sounds like she and willow share a good bit of the same spirit.

    ReplyDelete

I love me some comments! Thanks!