Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Stranded. Help.


For what seems like the 3rd week in a row I am stranded.
Without a car.
Without nice weather.
Too much snow to do anything at all.
Too cold (I weather.commed it- windchill of 12 below... no thanks) to play outside.
Cooped up in this house like an invalid hermit.
I have things to do that aren't getting done... like everything.
I have places to go that aren't getting gotten to... like anywhere.
I am losing it.

I am also waiting.
Waiting isn't very fun at all when you are stuck in one place.
Nope. No fun at all.

My car and cold weather apparently don't get along.
Personally, I think they should just suck up their differences and deal with it like the rest of us.

Or just let me know they aren't going to cooperate before I completely scrape the snow off the car, strap in the car seat, shovel the driveway so I can even get out, bundle up the little one, and plan out all the errands that I'm about to run.
You know, just out of kindness.
Or sympathy.
I don't care.

On the bright side, I'm getting pretty fast at hand-stitching.
I'm calling it practice for the girls' quilts I'm going to attempt to fully hand-stitch.
We'll see how it goes, but, so far I'm not sick of it.
I guess that's a good thing.


However I am sick of being stuck in my house.
Which is definitely not a good thing.
At. All.

Will somebody just please drive over to my house and jump my stupid car? Please?

I had to do something with the couple dozen Dresden Plates I had laying (lying?) around ready and waiting for fabric to arrive for the quilt top.
They're just too fun not to do stuff with.
I want to make a million and stick them all over my walls.
But, since that's not the best idea ever, I decided to grab one up and make a pillow.
Because pillows make me happy.
I wish they could un-strand me. But, hey.

(If you have a Dresden Plate project you'd like to share, go share here. I'd love to see it!)

I've also decided that I like to bind my pillows like I do my quilts.
Consider that a side-note.
Willow decided that the above pillow is hers.
As she does with every pillow I make.
I guess pillows make her happy, too.

And here's a little sneak peek of a pillow for a very special little someone who will be arriving in June.
Haha.
Teaser.

I just reread my post. I'm all. over. the. place.
Sorry.
Consider it a side-effect of 'Stranded Syndrome', which is exactly what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some comments! Thanks!