Friday, January 29, 2010

Progress and Completions

First of all, here's the progress on my boy quilt my Aunt Cheri' asked me to make for a friend of hers. Isn't it huge? I got a little carried away with myself... it just kept growing and growing and growing. But I love it anyways. Now just the backing and basting and quilting and binding have to be finished :)

And here's my completed stuff for the day: quilted patchwork pillow covers for my cousin Katie all the way in NYC. AND, she just asked me to make their quilt for their bed for their move to West Virginia in July. YAY! I love my family.


After making these I decided I really need to start making a few things for myself now and then. Other people have more of my creations in their homes than I do. PLUS, these pillows were superfun to make and I love love love the way they turned out. Even the backs are fun. I used a bright orange solid for the 'quilt back' and then I sewed together a chocolate brown and a pretty lime green print from my stash for the back panels to make it a little sturdier.
Voila!

Happy Pillows!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some comments! Thanks!