Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Lullaby Quilt

This quilt was made for a little newborn baby girl... can you tell?

I used some of a Tula Pink Hushabye layer cake and cut it into 5 inch squares for a patchwork top. I think patchwork is great for baby quilts. I used some stash fabric to make some pink borders around the edges and for the binding as well.
I quilted 1/4 inch from either side of all the seams over the entire quilt, carrying the quilting past the borders.

*sidenote* I realized when I was adding the binding that I had never switched to my quilting foot... I quilted the whole thing without a quilting foot! It turned out fantastic however!

Here's the back:

I used some of the fabric from the front borders to make the pieced back. I also added some patterned green fabric from my stash to tie the green of the front in with the back. The striped fabric used here is also what I used to bind the quilt.



I think it's just precious...


I think baby Riley will be nice and snug as a bug in a rug with this wrapped around her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some comments! Thanks!