Sunday, July 12, 2009

Wow! 10 Days! No Way...

Yeah, so I haven't posted in 10 days, call me a slacker if you want, but I've been a busy little bee. For example I took a sad, lonely, white hutch and turned it into this:
and plopped it right into my kitchen for some MUCH needed counter and storage space. I haven't found knobs that I like yet, so that's why she's knobless...

She was also topless... uh oh! We can't have topless furniture gallivanting around the house, so I had to make her this...
I'm planning on getting together all of my art glass in this teal color and making shelves to display it all above my new fave piece of furniture!

I also finished this baby boy quilt a bit ago but never got the pictures up because my camera decided it wanted a vacation so it pooped out on me...don't worry, I showed it who's boss. It cut it's vacay short :)
I really like this quilt. It's different. I used a lot of my favorite blue and green fabrics for this one, and then added in that Michael Miller guitar print. I'm a fan. I also really like the back of this quilt and the way it looks with the binding...
That simple green fabric is from JoAnn's and I just love it. I bought all they had and I'm almost out :(
I was planning on trying out some organic line quilting on this quilt for the first time, but I don't know if it was my lack of motivation or lack of time or what, but that's not what happened. Instead I just quilted 1/4" on either side of the seams. It looks very nice I think. Here's a close-up:

Also, my dad came to visit this past weekend! Yay! He lives in Virginia, and I hadn't seen them for almost a year. I also got to see my stepmom and stepsister (and meet my niece Gabi for the first time) and my three youngest brothers. It was short, but fun. I wish we would have had more time together. We all got together for a Family Reunion in Saginaw. With the help of some special "lemonade" we all managed to get through it :)

Willow was also very sick this past week. She had super high fevers for a few days, but she's finally back to her crazy self!

Wow, I guess I never realized what happens in a 10 day period...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some comments! Thanks!