Saturday, July 18, 2009

Workin' on Some Stuff

So I finished another project today (actually last night but it was too dark to take any pictures) This is a custom order crib quilt for a little girl named Violette. Isn't that fabric perfect?

I had originally made different blocks to make up this quilt sort of like the one different flower block on the front, but it looked weird. Like too old-ladyish or something. Anyways, I didn't like it so I scrapped all the blocks I made and went with this 9 patch pattern that looked waaaay more age appropriate...And then I cut up and reworked one of my flower blocks to add a little interest to the front of the quilt. I really like how it turned out...
I really like how the backing looks, too. This is the first time I've ever used such a big print for backing fabric and I really dig it. (Plus, the baby's name is Violette, so duh!)

For the quilting I just ran 1/4" on each side of the seams with pale pink thread. The quilt measures 42"x 26": perfect for a crib!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some comments! Thanks!