Friday, June 24, 2011

I Don't Know Jack.

It's true.
I don't.
Neither do you.
Nobody does.
And that's because he isn't due until August :)

That's right... I get another nephew in August!
And his name will be Jack.
I know, I know, you're jealous of all the sweet little babies I get to hold, right?
You should be.
I'm lucky.
And babies are cute.

I've been pumping out some custom crib sets over here in my neck of the woods...
and the latest one just happened to be for my sister-in-law Emily and her hubby John.
Yay!

So, Em decided on her
beachy/nautical
color scheme and sent me some pics of fabrics she liked and I went to work:
DSC_0022

I think it turned out great!
And I think Jack will be nice and cozy... don't you?

DSC_0023

Here are the fabrics used:
bumper: Anna Maria Horner Woodcut in DayDream (home decor weight)
Amy Butler Sunspots in Midnight (home decor weight)
bumper ties: Joel Dewberry Nap Sack in Sunset
crib skirt: Amy Butler Sunspots in Tangerine with a border of Nap Sack in Lake
crib sheet: Leaves in Blue

DSC_0021

And for the quilt (40x60") I used all the above fabric
(except for the Leaves in Blue)
and added in a little Amy Butler fabric from my stash.
The binding is a grey/aqua stripe Lacoste flat sheet that I found at TJ Maxx
that matched perfectly.
It is machine quilted, machine stitched binding, and made with LOTS of love :)
jack quilt front and back
front and back of quilt

And here's Emily opening her new bedding (while Willow and Peyton help) at the shower:
DSC_0029

Congrats to Emily and John!
They will be amazing parents and I can't wait to meet (read: hold) Baby Jack.

And for those of you who are curious, Jack makes the fourth new nephew in the last 11 months.
It's Babypalooza.


P.S. You can score your own custom bedding set over on the top right-hand side drop down menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some comments! Thanks!