Friday, January 28, 2011

Loving it.


First of all, I need to share this picture because it just cracks me up.
I don't know why.
Maybe it's the look in her eyes?
The little smirk on her face?
The 25 knots she managed to twist into her hair while she slept?
Her slightly cocked head?
Whatever it is... I just can't resist laughing out loud when I see it.
It is SO Willow.
What a nut.

I've got a few other things to share.
You probably won't think they're very interesting.
I don't care.
Here's a pillow I made for myself... first thing I made that I get to KEEP in a long, long time.

There's a funny little story that goes with this pillow.
I bought that cool center stitched situation in the middle there on Etsy forever ago.
I thought it was fun and apparently I had some seemingly spare cash to buy something on a whim... that must have felt nice.
It's been sitting in my make-shift studio just staring at me... begging me to finish it.
I would actually get a little upset with it.
Of course I would move it from surface to surface as projects allowed. But it was always visible.
You'd think the anger at an inanimate object would urge me to, oh, I don't know, put it away somewhere where I couldn't see it?
Nope.
I kept it out so it could stare at me. And make me mad.
I finally had enough and while Willow was napping the other day, I whipped this thing out in a frenzy.
I'm pretty sure I finished the entire pillow cover in 6 minutes. Six.

When I was done. I just kind of laughed.
It felt good to get all my anger out by... making a pillow?
I might have lost it.
I think I've lost it.

Back in Normal World... I've been making a few other things.
And not out of anger, in case you were wondering.
Here's a nursery set that's already in North Carolina... just waiting on a baby!
(I used Flora in Bloom, Nature Elements in Brown and Hot Pink, and Star dot in Orange.)

Here's the back of the quilt. I really love that Flora print.
It's really cute.
Here's another quilt I was working on as a surprise gift for the same people who got the nursery set:
I've been wanting to try this design for a while and I thought this would be my perfect opportunity since there were no real guidelines, which meant I got to experiment!

I love experimenting.
Especially with pieced backs. They are the bomb.

And here's a teeny tiny dress that I made to coordinate with the quilt.
It is so small.
So.
I was really excited about the fussy-cut bottom border that I knew I wanted to incorporate but seriously took me about 30 min. to figure it out.
It really should have taken about 2.
But it took 30.
Whatever. It happened. It looks cute. I did it.
Yay.

I sent this dress out to California...
... and this one out to Delaware.
Could they be traveling any farther apart?
I thought that was pretty nifty.
I pondered it the entire time I was in line at the post office.

Here's some exciting (almost) news:
I'm in the midst of building a WillowBean website where you can buy lots of fantastical WillowBean things!
(Hooray!)
So stay tuned for that. I'm not sure how long it will take.
It's already taken longer than I thought, but what doesn't?

I'm also sending a sample package of WillowBean goods to a retailer in Florida!
Please, please keep your fingers crossed for me.
This could be big news for WillowBean Creations and the start of something fun.
I'm trying not to get too excited.
My sensible half says, "Stay calm, nothing is for certain." And then my me half comes around and says, "throw a fricken' party, dance a jig, get giddy... why not?"

So. That's where I am.
Loving it.
:)

2 comments:

  1. We love the nursery set, and the surprise dress/blanket. We couldnt be happier whith how they turned out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad! Now all you need is a baby in there :)

    ReplyDelete

I love me some comments! Thanks!