Wednesday, May 19, 2010

New to Me...

Of all the quilts I've made, I haven't made that many specifically 'boy' quilts, and I sure as heck haven't done the primary color thing.

Until now.

Doesn't that just look fun?
I must say, I likey.
And I can't wait to get started but I've got a few other (like 4) things to get finished ASAP and sent out to their new loving homes.
But really, I can't wait to cut into those super-fun, super-boy fabrics!

I got a package from Hawthorne Threads today!
Which had much of the above fabric in it, plus some others.
Namely the Enchanted Damask and the Kashmir.

From left to right: Amy Butler Full Moon Polka, Michael Miller Two by Two Stripe, Enchanted Damask, Amy Butler Full Moon Polka, Anna Maria Horner Cathedral, Michael Miller Bungalow Stripe, Amy Butler Sun Spots in Olive, Amy Butler Kashmir

I love getting packages in the mail.
It's like fricken' Christmas.
I even try to order things every other day so I'm always getting something in the mail.
Is that too much?
I don't even care if it is.
I like it.
For example, tomorrow I should be getting at least one package.
Maybe even two.
And I find that super exciting.

I made this pillow cover today:
It totally doesn't go with my colors at all.
But I really like the colors of the fabric.
And it's sorta like the colors for some commission pillows I'm doing.
So I just chalked it up to a 'sample' pillow.
But really I just wanted to make something small and fast and actually complete something because I have 3204972375 HUGE projects going on right now.
It felt nice.
I might sell it.
We'll see.
I think it's a 22" square.

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some comments! Thanks!