Friday, May 14, 2010

4th of July Dresses and other stuff...

I made a couple more dresses for my shop.
I kept the 4th of July in mind while picking out the fabrics to use together.
Is it just me, or does it seem like little girls always look so darn cute on 4th of July in their summery dresses (matching if they are sisters or cousins- am I wrong?) and usually-tanned skin getting ready to watch the fireworks after a day of awesome family fun?
I just love fireworks. Like LOVE them.
So I made these dresses to celebrate my love of fireworks, summer and adorableness.
Let's see. I believe there is some Prairie Gothic in there (which I love), some Del-hi, Grand Revival, and Mazy Bricks (another fabric I absolutely LOVE). I pulled everything from my stash and used the Petal Knot dress pattern from Sandi Henderson with some of my modifications.

Here's a look at the back:
It's a size 2T and it's for sale right here!


And while I was in the spirit, I made this one too!
I varied the pattern a little more to split up the distribution of the blue and white fabrics for the skirt into quarters instead of halves.
This dress has the same lot (kinda) of fabrics, only the Prairie Gothic is only visible in the lining.

For the skirt I used Valori Wells Del-hi fabric and Wallflower from Erin McMorris' Wildwood collection. Isn't it crazy how great these two fabrics go together?
It blew my mind.
This one is size 12-18 months and it's for sale here!

(couldn't resist showing my cute little labels)
Today is a perfect day to go and sit outside and just listen... don't you think?
Have fun!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some comments! Thanks!